This weekend’s POOR BOX Contributions go to IGNATIAN VOLUNTEER CORPS (IVC). IVC provides mature men and women the opportunity to serve the needs of people who are poor, to work for a more just society, and to grow deeper in Christian faith by reflecting and praying in the Ignatian tradition. (By the way, IVC is hosting their 5th Annual Advent Evening of Joyful Anticipation here at St. Ignatius on Monday Night, December 4th at 7 PM. For complete details, click here).
- Service done with and for the materially poor.
- Reflection on the work/service experience with the poor.
- The life experience, wisdom, and skills of senior men and women.
- The leadership role of the laity to transform the world through justice, rooted in gospel values.
- The dignity and equality of all women and men regardless of race, age, education, economic deprivation, or social status.
- The search for the presence of God to be found in all things and the call to holiness extended to all women and men throughout life.
- Jesuit support, including opportunities for spiritual development in the Ignatian tradition.
To learn more about IVC visit their website by clicking here.
To contribute, the Poor Boxes are located in the Chapel of Grace and in the Narthex of the church at the top of both side stairs. – Thank you for your kind generosity