Purpose and Practices
Promote by word and deed…
The Mission of the St. Ignatius Respect For Life (RFL) Ministry is to promote by word and deed Church teaching on the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death both in the Parish and in the community. Issues include: respect for unborn human life, capital punishment, euthanasia, assisted suicide, embryonic stem cell research, cloning, artificial reproductive technology, and post-abortive healing.
The Respect For Life Ministry:
- Accompanies and aids pregnant women lacking resources through Project Gabriel or directly through the Parish ministry.
- Promotes respect for life education for the Parish by events and through the bulletin, web site, and e-zine.
- Supports community organizations that foster the sanctity of human life.
- Partners with other parishes to advocate respect for life issues with local state and federal legislative bodies.
- Support post-abortive women through Project Rachel Ministry.
We need your help! The Respect For Life Ministry is non-partisan and invites all members of the Parish to participate. People interested in helping in this ministry can contact Kathleen Wegner – [email protected] or Diane White [email protected]
Respect For Life Meetings
Meets the fourth Sunday of the month in the Gonzaga Hall at 9:45 AM. The Respect For Life ministry is planning a variety of activities to support church teaching about the sanctity of human life, from conception to natural death. Currently the ministry is exploring ways to support women in crisis pregnancies. All are welcome.