Respect for Life Ministry
“A harmful ideological error is found in those who find suspect the social engagement of others, seeing it as superficial, worldly, secular, materialist, communist or populist.
Or they relativize it, as if there are other more important matters, or the only thing that counts is one particular ethical issue or cause that they themselves defend.
Our defense of the innocent unborn needs to be clear, firm and passionate, for at stake is the dignity of a human life, which is always sacred and demands love for each person, regardless of his or her stage of development.
Equally sacred, however, are the lives of the poor, those already born, the destitute, the abandoned and the underprivileged, the vulnerable infirm and elderly exposed to covert euthanasia, the victims of human trafficking, new forms of slavery, and every form of rejection.
We cannot uphold an ideal of holiness that would ignore injustice in a world where some revel, spend with abandon and live only for the latest consumer goods, even as others look on from afar, living their entire lives in abject poverty.”
– Pope Francis, Exultate et jubilate
Purpose & Practice
St. Ignatius parish upholds the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death—and is committed to learn from, accompany, serve, and seek justice for the vulnerable and excluded in our society. The Mission of the St. Ignatius Respect for Life (RFL) Ministry focuses on the most vulnerable persons at the beginning and end of life, especially unborn children, expectant women, and new mothers. We:
- Accompany and aid pregnant women lacking resources through the Gabriel Project or directly through our ministry.
- Promote respect for life education for the Parish by events and through the parish social media.
- Support community organizations that foster the sanctity of human life.
- Partner with other faith communities to advocate respect for life issues with local state and federal legislative bodies.
- Support post-abortive women through Project Rachel and other related ministries focused on healing.
We need your help! To find out more about our Gabriel Network involvement, contact Cassie Black at Bcassandra529@gmail.com. For all other inquiries regarding St. Ignatius Respect for Life Committee, contact Brendan Cassidy at Bcassidy1916@gmail.com for more information.
- Accompanies and aids pregnant women lacking resources through Project Gabriel or directly through the Parish ministry.
- Promotes respect for life education for the Parish by events and through the bulletin, web site, and e-zine.
- Supports community organizations that foster the sanctity of human life.
- Partners with other parishes to advocate respect for life issues with local state and federal legislative bodies.
- Support post-abortive women through Project Rachel Ministry.
Meets the fourth Sunday of the month in the Gonzaga Hall at 9:45 AM. The Respect For Life ministry is planning a variety of activities to support church teaching about the sanctity of human life, from conception to natural death. Currently, the ministry is exploring ways to support women in crisis pregnancies. All are welcome.