Minutes of the St. Ignatius Pastoral Council
7:00 PM — October 5, 2020
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Present: Father Casciotti, Ted Engelke, Ryan Bixler, Joe Hillery, Vonetta Edwards, Len Heckwolf, Barbara Lazatti, Barb Ipsaro, Kate Walsh, and Andrew Lacovara.
- Opening Prayer
Andrew opened with prayer.
- Pastor’s Report
- Wednesday is the meeting with the elevator folks.
- Father Watters is looking at everything (all assets) on how to juggle the space around for the school. Looking at everything to make it work.
- Can reach out to Erika Meadows for volunteer work.
- Moving all the wiring for the video cameras.
- PREP is in the second week of classes, and there has been 100% attendance. The kids are getting used to Zoom. The parents are participating as well.
- Environmental committee – Father did a lot of good work in the ezine and at mass.
- There are people showing up without a reservation. Sunday’s attendance was 100%. Considering beginning the 4:30 mass if high attendance continues.
- Thinking about how many masses to do for Christmas with the high attendance now. Father wants to be able to announce the masses by Thanksgiving.
- 50 pews and a max of 4 in each pew. So, 50-200 capacity depending on the family size that sits in a pew.
- What we know right now is that the current plan/process with have for masses works; there has not been a COVID spread based on the way we currently operate.
- III.Pastoral Council Elections
- Two positions to appoint this year: Rich and Vonetta end their terms in December.
- Need to decide on a Nominating Committee at this meeting (10/5/2020). Barbara Lazatti, Ted Engelke, Barb Ipsaro, and Kate Walsh volunteered to be on the committee.
- Like to keep the Council balanced in terms of diversity and what masses they attend.
- There were several suggested nominations that Father took note of to reach out to.
- IV.Old Business
- New Business
- VI.Grab Bag
- Barb Ipsaro brought up the discussion of how to start/continue the dialogue of the church being more open minded.
- Want to understand how to continue to have younger people to keep pursuing the gospel over political ideologies. How do we encourage people to listen and think through different perspectives?
- VII.Closing Prayer
Vonetta closed with prayer.
VIII. Adjourn – Next Meeting November 2, 2020 @ 7 PM