Minutes of the St. Ignatius Pastoral Council
7:00 PM — November 2, 2020
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Present: Father Casciotti, Ted Engelke, Ryan Bixler, Vonetta Edwards, Len Heckwolf, Barbara Lazatti, Barb Ipsaro, Kate Walsh, and Andrew Lacovara.
- Opening Prayer
Father Jim opened with prayer.
- Acceptance of Minutes
- The minutes from the October meeting were accepted.
- III.Pastor’s Report
- The last payment for the elevators was made.
- A few more floors still need to be completed.
- Windows are supposed to be delivered and should be installed by the end of November.
- Meeting for K-4 was discussed regarding how to use the row homes. Father Watters will need to raise about $10M. A better estimate/plan will be ready by the end of November. And construction will start next August if all goes well. Construction will take one year.
- Planning to have two Christmas masses; one Christmas Eve and one Christmas Day.
- IV.Old Business
- Father Jim has two people in mind who wants to nominate to join the Pastoral Council.
- The idea of having a younger person join the Pastoral Council for a year to get an understanding of how it works was suggested. There was positive feedback to this idea.
- The work was divided up for the Council to reach out to the nominees.
- Want to announce the nominations by Advent.
- New Business
- There was a concern raised that there are no women involved in the public mass. Father Jim was going to reach out to people who may want to participate.
- PREP is moving forward. A camping trip occurred last week, and it went great.
- VI.Grab Bag
- There was a leadership book that Father Jim recommended. He had a few take aways that may be useful to discuss when the new Council comes in.
- VII.Closing Prayer
Ted closed with prayer.
VIII. Adjourn – Next Meeting December 7, 2020 @ 7 PM