Environmental Justice Subcommittee
Our Mission & Goals
Rather than focus on why people don’t support a stronger relationship with God’s earth, the Environmental Justice Subcommittee works to examine and explain what can motivate individuals and groups to improve the condition of the environment through direct action and advocacy in support of nature.
- Improve the environmental footprint of our parish, it’s members, and the community.
- To conduct direct action by implementing composting programs, tree plantings, neighborhood clean ups, energy reduction strategies, and other environmental efforts that improve our footprint through collaboration within the parish and with partners.
- To educate each other through information sharing and speakers who can help us accomplish these goals.
Justice & Peace Meetings
Follow Us on Social Media
Current Projects & Events
APRIL 23-MAY 16 Walk with other Catholics as we learn, pray, and take action for environmental justice. In his encyclical Laudato Si’, Pope Francis invites all people to act on behalf of creation. This call to action is grounded in the principle of integral...
Our Meetings with the Offices of Senator Van Hollen, Senator Cardin, Congressman Sarbanes, & Congressman Ruppersberger.
As people of faith committed to justice, we are called to be educated on issues, especially those that impact the most vulnerable in our society, and to then engage in civic life and advocate for just policies. Join us for Ignatian Family Advocacy Month where we will come together to advocate for more humane immigration and environmental policies.
Areas That Always Need Action
Sign up for a cleanup of the Jonestown neighborhood.
(details coming soon)
The Green Library
Check out the new Green Library in Ignatian Hall . You will find over a hundred books and articles on the environment. Books are arranged by author. You are welcome to take a book home but please return to the shelves after you have enjoyed it.
Current Environmental Reads
- Environmental Justice: A Catholic Voice
- To Save the Earth, Curb Militarism! An Appeal for Earth Day, 2018
- Encyclical Letter: Laudato Si
- Laudato Si: Download Pope Francis’ encyclical on the environment and human ecology
- Blue Water Baltimore
- Other Available Resources