St. Ignatius Pastoral Council Meeting
Monday, July 12, 2021at 7:00PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Present: Father Casciotti, Len Heckwolf, Kevin Burdinski, Barbara Lazzati, Andrew Lacovara, Ted Engelke, Toni Moore-Duggan, and Ryan Bixler
- Pastor’s Report
- July 3rd & 4th Mass Attendance
- Successfully turned over the buildings to the school.
- Have about $4M in commitments. The school is going to be a go ahead.
- Training for a few families to read at mass has begun.
- Deacon’s Report
- Should have a better idea of food prep and hospitality plan in the next month.
- There has been a good commitment to Pre-Cana.
- Deacon Andrew is still balancing his time with Corpus Christi.
- Justice and Peace Update
- Had a meeting this past Thursday and there is work being done for a gubernatorial candidate forum. They are still working on a name for the forum. The idea is to put St. Ignatius a position to have us more involved.
- Online Mass Survey Results, Participant Comments, Volunteer Opportunities
- Published in the ezine a summary of the survey. The details were sent to the PC members.
- The results were very positive about what the Parish has been doing.
- Other Items
- Father Casciotti likes the idea of less masses to help create a sense of community with more parishioners coming to mass together.
- Anti-Racism Task Force: Had a guided discussion on parenting and talking to your children about anti-racism. The session went well and the Task Force wants to link up with PREP.
- The Task Force went to St. Francis for a mass on Sunday. There was good attendance and the overall experience was great!
- PREP will be all in-person; there will not be a hybrid option.
- Closing Prayer
- Len closed with prayer.