St. Ignatius Pastoral Council Meeting
Monday, January 10, 2022, at 6:30PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Present: Father Casciotti, Rosanna Hanratty, Ted Engelke, Toni Moore-Duggan, Jack Gatti, Christina deGraft-Johnson, Christopher Daffin, Jim Kline, Kate Walsh, Kevin Burdinski, and Ryan Bixler.
Introductions by all members
All the members introduced themselves to get to know the new Council members.
Our way of proceeding
What we do it more or less set and “institutionalized”: Liturgy. Faith Formation. Community. Social Justice. Education.
How we do everything is based on: looking to the common good, collaboration, engagement in the life of the city, fostering ways for middle class folks to walk with the poor—and evangelization [i.e. : accompaniment, humble service, invitation, inspiration]
There is no master plan; rather what we do is based on relationships, looking for opportunities, and a willingness to take practical action. Solvitur ambulando. (i.e., action-reflection, not seeing too far ahead, a willingness to recalibrate).
The Synod and the Pastoral Council:
- There are about 50 responses, but we are still missing responses from a few PC members that need to complete it.
- Publish all responses without names for the parish
- Invite all respondents and PC to a facilitated zoom to discuss the responses. Thinking we will do two Zoom meetings.
- Try to summarize the major themes, but also give the raw data.
- We want to give an alternative for people to participate and share their thoughts, so we are going to a paper option to submit their thoughts and enter the data.
- We will publish all the data.
- 2/22 at 6:30pm and 2/28 at 6:30pm we will do a Zoom session it’s 1.5 hours of time.
- This could possibly evolve into a quarterly process where we hold a Zoom session every quarter.
- $5M is raised, but we stopped the fundraising because we have not yet gotten the historic approval.
- Goal is to open in January 2024.
- There are some challenges with the design that they are working to fix.
- Will share the quarterly financials at the next meeting with the new members.
- We are still on track with the current year budget.
- This could be a major repair this year.
- First Penance was on Saturday. Six out of the eight children are through
- Hoping to stand up this committee in the coming weeks.
Matthew Shepherd Oratorio Sunday 8 May Frostberg State Univ.
- The Director of Music is putting on an Oratorio on 5/8.
- It ties in with the Passion of Christ. Father Jim is working with Christo Rey to see if they would like to attend.
Justice and Peace
- Signed on to furnish an apartment for an Afghan family.
- The volunteers will companion that family.
- The events for the day are all scheduled and set
Your observations and questions to build future agenda
- We will continue the format of getting various reports from committees.
- We liked the format and facilitation of Len’s presidential leadership.
- Would like to explore how we welcome new members to the Parish and encourage those that have left to left them know they have been missed.
- What happened to the Young Adult Group?
- Any topics that Father Jim and/or the President want us to come prepared with, we can receive those topics in advance.
Election of officers: President, Vice-president, Secretary
- Christina was elected President
- Ted was elected Vice-President
- Ryan was elected Secretary
No meeting in February since the priority is the two Town Hall Synod meetings on 2/22 and 2/28.
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will – all that I have and call my own. You have given it all to me. To you, Lord, I return it. Everything is yours: do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace. That is enough for me.