St. Ignatius Pastoral Council Meeting
Monday, December 13, 2021, at 6:30PM
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Present: Father Casciotti, Len Heckwolf, Kate Walsh, Barbara Ipsaro, Ryan Bixler, Toni Moore-Duggan, and Kevin Burdinski.
Len opened with prayer.
1. Pastor’s Report – Father Jim
- There are 34 responses (two are from the Pastoral Council). The rest of the PC needs to respond and the Finance Council needs to respond.
- Sometime in January we will print in the ezine all the responses without names. Then we will have a Zoom meeting with people that want to openly discuss the topics.
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve are all lined up.
Loyola School Update
- 12/14/2021 is the meeting with CHAP. Our consultant has been talking to the Head of CHAP. We came back with another proposal after originally turned down.
- If the plans are approved, Father Watters needs to raise $5 million more.
- Income is keeping up with the budget.
- The Justice and Peace Committee have voiced the need to hire a full-time staff member. Father Casciotti is going to explore the idea of this.
- Mass attendance has been good.
- The cards in the pews this week were very helpful. It got a lot of positive feedback.
2. Justice and Peace Update – Joe
– Vonetta talked about the mentoring project with Immigrant Refugee Services. They had planned to help mentor refugees and get them set up with housing, etc. There are a lot of logistics to figure out.
– Discussed how we would handle donations.
– Discussed what events are going on for MLK. The group is planning out a good MLK weekend. Likely a hybrid event with part in-person and virtual.
– There will be a new chair of the Environmental Committee.
3. Pastoral Council Election – Len
Review of nominees and Rationale for appointing all nominees
- All the nominees received very high praise.
- They all seemed very qualified and have an excellent background.
- They will all be wonderful additions to the group.
Change to by-laws
- Are we going to revise our by-laws for new PC members?
- In past years we struggled to get enough nominations each year, but this year we received five candidates.
- We want the people on the PC to bring broad and diverse perspectives.
- Change the number to members to range between nine and twelve.
- Everyone who is in does a three-year term. If they take a year off they can be appointed again.
- The by-law changes were passed by PC
– Loaves and Fishes (Len): Received a huge response when we asked for additional donations.
– Once we have the new members, we’ll nominate officers.
5. Closing Prayer
Barbara Ipsaro closed with prayer.
6. Upcoming Meetings
Monday, January 10, 2022, at 6:30pm is the next meeting.
- Make schedule for the year and elect new officers on that date.
- We’ll do the in-person dinner this evening as well (this was currently postponed due to COVID).