Communication & Media Forms
The purpose of the St. Ignatius’ Communications Policy is to:
- Ensure consistent, high quality, and appropriate communications to all parishioners,
prospective members, and the community outside of St. Ignatius’ walls.
- Ensure all communications are accurate and appropriate within the context of St. Ignatius’ faith community
- Effectively utilize the limited budgeted resources for approved communications
- Protect the privacy of all church members
Scope of the Policy:
- Promotion of non-St. Ignatius events
- Church web site
- Weekly e-zine, Parish, “the thought”
- Ministry e-mail blasts
- Bulletin board
- Announcements/presentations during Mass
- On-site and off-site printing
- Emergency communications
- Press release communications
- Privacy of church member and staff information/photos/videos
Image Use Policy
The purpose of this policy is to govern the use of photographs, videos, and other personal information that may be used in print or web publications.
Personal Information Policy
We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to in our communications: clergy & staff, pastoral council & ministry leaders, adult members & attenders, and youth & children.
- For clergy and staff, we list names—office email addresses, and office phone numbers. No home phone numbers, home addresses, or mobile phone numbers are publicly available unless so chosen by that clergy/staff member
- For pastoral council and ministry leaders—we list names and email addresses as permissioned by the council member/ministry leader.
- For adult members and regular attenders—we sometimes list names when a person is a contact for some group or activity. We will not list personal email addresses unless having been given permission. We will not list phone number unless having been given permission. We will not put adult members and regular attenders names in a caption to a photo or video without permission.
- For youth and children—we will not post any image (beyond a group shot or mass video) of youth/child without parental permission. Any personal information about youth/child will not be posted unless permission is granted by parent.
Image Use Policy
It is a privilege for us to include images of church members and guests at events at St. Ignatius in our print and web publications. We want to respect and honor that privilege when we share what’s happening in our Parish.
Masses, meetings and other church-related activities may be photographed or videotaped and used in print or web publications. St. Ignatius uses photos and videos taken at church events so that members and attenders can celebrate God’s grace at work and visitors can know what to expect.
However, because the dissemination of photographs and videos online cannot be tightly controlled, it is St. Ignatius’ policy to protect the privacy of church members and attenders, their minor children, and other individuals whose images we publish. When using photos or video of St. Ignatius’ events, we follow these guidelines:
- If you are an adult, your image may be used for any print or web publication of St. Ignatius unless you fill out a Media/Image Use Opt-Out Form. (Please contact the church office at 410-727-3848 if you have trouble accessing this online form.)
- We will not use images of any child outside of a group shot unless and until their parent or guardian fills out the Media/Image Use Permission Form.
- We will not knowingly use an image that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the image.
- We will gladly remove any image immediately upon request. If you see an image that includes you or your child and would like it removed, please contact the church office with the details, and it will be removed as soon as possible. (Please note that we cannot control images posted to sites that are not under the control of the St. Ignatius staff.) You’ll be sent the opt-out form to keep your request on record so it won’t happen again.
If you have opted-out and change your mind, you’ll need to fill out the Image Permissions and Use form to opt back in.
- If you submit images to be used by St. Ignatius, you are giving the church the right to use the photos in any kind of promotion for the church. These images must also not contain any copyrighted material for which permission has not been received.
- We will gladly provide credit, if desired, to the person who took a particular photo, and we will gladly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- We will return any submitted physical photos when requested to do so.
Media/Image User Permission Form
Media/Image Opt-Out Form
SUBMIT THIS FORM ONLY IF YOU DO NOT WANT MEDIA IMAGES OR RECORDINGS OF YOU OR YOUR MINOR CHILDREN USED IN ST. IGNATIUS PUBLICATIONS.
I object to the release or use of any media images or recordings that will be produced, used, or distributed by St. Ignatius for church purposes. Please enter the first and last names of all family members to be included in the opt-out.